Thursday, February 11, 2010

Herbal Birth Control

Herbal birth control is most effective with knowledge of your fertility cycles, selective abstinence, and barriers to sperm. These herbs may not be 100% effective, but may help prevent implantation of a fertilized egg, may cause temporary or permanent sterility, and bring on a late menstrual flow. Some of these herbs have potentially dangerous side effects so please respect their power.

Stoneseed root~Once used by Shoshone women to cause permanent sterility. Steep it for several hours in cold, rather than boiling water, and drink a cup daily.

Jack in the Pulpit Root~This was used by Hopi women and prevented conception for one week. Stir one teaspoon of the dried, powdered root into a half cup of cold water. If sterility was desired, two teaspoonsful were stirred into a cup of hot water.

Thistles~Many types of thistles seem to be useful in inhibiting fertilization. This herb was used by the Quinault Indians to induce temporary sterility by preparing an infusion by boiling the entire plant in water and drinking the strong liquid.

1 comments:

CactusHeart said...

All I see is the same paragraph of information cut and pasted over and over all over the web "blah blah blah, stoneseed root!" "Blah blah blah, jack-in-the-pulpit!" And nowhere is there any information on how to, uh, procure these herbs...wth??

Your argument might be "well, that's irresponsible to give out information that can lead to sterility!" Perhaps in some cases that may be true...but on the same token, it seems irresponsible for you to give out information so liberally on herbs that lead to PREGNANCY?...when, for all you know, it could be a woman who's not in their right mind (hmm, say like Octomom?) and/or wants children for the wrong reasons (of which there are far too many to name here)? I don't know why there seems to be inequivocal trust in the judgement of a woman who wants to get pregnant, but not a woman who wants to STAY UNpregnant? Either outcome is equally heavy in danger & responsibility and seems like...no, it IS...double-standard. It's the same BS I've suffered since I first begged doctors to sterilize me when I turned 18...I've dreamed of infertility since I was a small child, but am constantly denied by doctors. My IUD is about to expire, the time my doctor and the pro-natal gaggle of nurses who examed me all insisted I'd change my mind by then...they're STILL wrong! I get treated like I'm not in my right mind. On the other hand, females who wish to become pregnant despite having the means or right psychological state to care for them (in many cases, not even intending the pregnancy) get motherhood brochures thrown at them like so much confetti. I'm tired of this crap :.(

Post a Comment