Friday, October 16, 2009

Screen Smart

I have been curious to know if my 7 month old knew what we watch on the television whether it had bad language or adult content. Do I take him out of the room? Do I only watch adult programming when he's napping? So I did some research and came across an interesting article about children watching TV at such a young age. From the Center on Media and Child Health at Children's Hospital Boston, the more kids that are exposed to programs intended for adults, the more likely they are to become sexually active at an earlier age. For every hour of adult content that children between the ages 6 and 8 watched over a 2 day period, their chances of having sex at a young age increased by 33 percent. Be careful with what you expose them to, they are smarter than we think!

Interesting facts I thought I would pass along!

0 comments:

Post a Comment